Shipping & Delivery
Before you finalise your purchase, a member of the Yardware team will liaise with you about the delivery of goods to your home or chosen location.
- Delivery costs are paid by the purchaser and are calculated according to the quantity of the order, the cubic meterage if interstate, and access to the drop off location.
- On your behalf Yardware will arrange the delivery of your purchases by an experienced furniture carrier who is familiar with our products, and has the expertise, manpower and equipment necessary to handle them.
IMPORTANT PRE-DELIVERY INFORMATION
- Please ensure that your invoice shows the correct delivery address and at least 2 contact telephone numbers.
- We need to be advised in advance of conditions at the drop off point that may affect delivery. These include narrow points of access; steep, unsealed or unstable driveways or other surfaces; limited truck access or turnaround space; multiple steps; staircases, lifts or inclinators; or any other site features that may impact the safe and timely offloading of your goods.
- The onus is on the purchaser to measure access points and make certain that items purchased will fit easily into lifts, or can be manoeuvred through doorways and up staircases without undue difficulty. Always allow extra height and width in your measurements.
- An extra fee per flight of stairs applies. Also, if the carrier finds that access difficulties will extend the expected drop-off time, an extra charge will be incurred. In the unfortunate event that goods need to be returned to the depot, the cost of return delivery will need to be charged.
- Within your home you will need to ensure there is reasonable and clear access. Make sure all precious items such as furniture, décor pieces and rugs are moved safely out of the way. Carriers handling Yardware’s stone and metal goods cannot be held responsible for damage to householder’s property or goods hindering their task. Nor can carriers rearrange the householder’s furniture or move any items other than those they are engaged to deliver. OH&S law requires removalists to wear sturdy, protective footwear at all times.
- We attempt to deliver purchases as promptly as possible, and will keep you informed of your order’s progress. However, all shipping and delivery consignments whether local, interstate or overseas, may be subject to circumstances beyond our control.
- You will be given a forward time estimate of when your goods will be available for dispatch. Many of our products are held in stock and are ready for prompt delivery, while others are ordered especially for you from our factory and may take between 12 – 16 weeks plus shipping time to arrive at our depot.
- As soon as your purchase is in our depot and ready for dispatch, we will contact you by phone to arrange a firm delivery date. We expect goods to remain no longer than 10 days at most in our depot. Please understand, our merchandise is bulky and storage space is at a premium.
- We realise that delays are sometimes unavoidable, especially with clients whose building projects are behind schedule, or who may be absent from home at the very time their goods are ready for dispatch. If this occurs, or is likely to occur, please reach out to us. After 30 years in the business we have strategies that can help, and have found that silence tends to compound problems rather than solve them.
- Every Yardware product is checked for quality assurance before it is dispatched from our depot to ensure that it is in perfect condition.
- On the big day your purchases will be placed on site where required, please note with fountains, they will be assembled in there required position, but plumbing of the fountain is the purchaser's responsibility.
- We ask you to carefully inspect all goods on arrival. In the unlikely event of an item arriving in a damaged condition, please inform the delivery contractor at the time, make a note of the damage on the delivery document when you sign, and if possible take photographs to send to us. Report the matter to us as quickly as possible (within 48 hours of delivery) for prompt replacement or compensation.
- Once goods are dispatched from our depot the delivery address cannot be altered, and it is important that a person aged 18 years or over is at home on the day to accept and sign for the goods. Goods that cannot be dropped off or signed for will be returned to our depot, incurring a return fee, and a second fee for re-delivery will apply.
- All stone (GRC) items will arrive wrapped in quilted pads and no packaging will be left behind.
HERE TO HELP
Do not hesitate to contact us at any time on (02) 9310 2666 or at firstname.lastname@example.org about your order and its delivery.